In addition to my passion for cooking, if you don’t already know this about me, I have a passion for writing – everything from screenplays, to television, cookbooks, newspapers, and magazines…and in Spring 2017, my first novel, “Lady in the Window” will be published and available in book stores (and online) stores by SelectBooks. Stay tuned on my blog and/or at maryannridinispencer.com because they’ll be more information to come!
In “Lady in the Window,” the main character, Kate Grace, also loves to cook, and she makes this yummy recipe, a tasty Orzo Salad, for her friend Olivia. Here’s the recipe!
- 1 ½ lbs. jumbo shrimp, cooked, deveined and thawed
- 1½ c. orzo (dry)
- ½ c. onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 ¼ c. Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 T. butter
- ⅓ c. fresh basil, diced
- red chili pepper flakes, a dash or two
- 1 c. artichoke hearts (in oil, drained) and split apart
- ½ c. sundried tomatoes (in oil, drained)
- 2 T. capers
- ½ c. Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Italian seasoning blend, dash or two
- ¼ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- Cook orzo in a pan on the stovetop to package instructions.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet on the stovetop over low heat.
- Add in onion and garlic and sauté until slightly golden.
- Add in Roma tomatoes and butter, stirring occasionally.
- Add in basil, a dash of red chili pepper flakes and artichokes. Stir.
- Add in cooked shrimp, sundried tomato, capers (optional), olives, a dash or two of Italian seasoning blend, and lemon juice. Mix.
- Add in cooked orzo to the skillet and stir.
- Plate and serve immediately!
“Kate’s Orzo Salad” Recipe ©2016, Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com/RidiniEntertainment
JOIN Maryann’s BOOK CLUB
Read & get Cooking Click here!Google+