Holiday time in our family means party time! Whenever friends and family gather, we love to enjoy a celebratory drink with delicious appetizers (and more than just chips and dip in a bowl!) to “whet our palate” in anticipation of the main course. This Simply Delicious Living video is brought to you by Woolwich Dairy.
- 1 sourdough French baguette
- 1 -- 4 ounce package of Woolwich Triple Crème Goat Brie
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T. .extra virgin olive oil
- candied pecans
- 2 pears, cut into thin slices
- Cut French baguette into 1″ pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, pour in milk and beat in two eggs with a fork.
- On the stovetop, over medium heat, pour olive oil into a frying pan.
- Pick up a piece of baguette with a fork and dip into the milk and egg mixture. Make sure both sides are well coated. Place in the frying pan. Repeat with all the baguette slices, turning them over so that both sides are cooked to a golden brown.
- Place cooked pieces of baguette on a pretty serving plate.
- Put a generous wedge of Woolwich Triple Crème Goat Brie on top of the cooked baguette pieces. (Note: cheese will melt a bit from the heat).
- Place a sliced pear on top of the cheese.
- Place 1-2 candied pecans on top of the pear.
- Put a festive toothpick down the center of each baguette slice.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy!
©2013 – Maryann Ridini Spencer/SimplyDeliciousLiving.com