Simple Chicken Curry
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1½ T. coconut oil
- Curry Sauce:
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1-2 T. yellow or red curry powder
- 1¼ c. coconut milk (plain)
- 2 T. flour (all-purpose or gluten free All Purpose Baking Flour from Pure Pantry
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. chunky pineapple, diced
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- ⅓ c. sliced raw almonds
- ⅓ c. raisins
- 2 T. fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- dash garlic salt
- dash red chili pepper flakes
- In a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, sauté diced chicken in coconut oil until lightly golden on both sides. Set skillet aside.
- In another skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, add oil, garlic cloves and curry powder. Stir until mix becomes fragrant (about 20 seconds).
- Add in the following ingredients stirring after each addition: coconut milk, flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, pineapple, honey, almonds and raisins.
- Stir mixture until sauce becomes somewhat thick (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in fresh squeezed lemon (or lime) juice.
- Add in garlic salt and red chili pepper flakes to taste. Stir.
- Add in cooked chicken to the mixture.
- With a spoon, pour curry over chicken.
- Let simmer over low heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over jasmine or basmati rice.
©2014 — Maryann Ridini Spencer
Watch Simply Delicious Living with Maryann® on PBS Television in Southern California and in First Run Television Syndication. For more information, visit: SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV and RidiniEntertainment.com
CLICK Maryann’s Cookbook to VIEW a SAMPLE. Over 40+ delicious and easy-to-make entrées for people on the go! Available Formats: Ebook, Apple iPad, Soft and Hard Cover. For more information, CLICK HERE.Google+