- 2 c. pasta cooked to package instructions (I like to use a Gluten-Free pasta)
- 2 c. fresh basil
- ⅓ c. walnuts (or pine nuts)*
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ¾ c. Parmesan cheese
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice (more to taste if you prefer)
- Place basil, nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, oil and lemon juice in a blender. Blend well and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- When pasta is done, drain and place pasta into a large bowl.
- Start by mixing 4 T. pesto into hot pasta. Add in more pesto to taste.
- Serve extra pesto on the side.
- *You can make this recipe with pine nuts or walnuts. Walnuts are a more economical option that tastes just as fantastic.
©2013 – Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV